The Conservation Commission’s mission is to:
- Recommend proper utilization and protection of the Town’s natural resources
- Provide protection of the Town’s watershed resources
- Map: Canaan Conservation Easement Properties
What it can do:
- The Commission catalogs the natural resources of the Town and explores issues and management strategies for those resources.
- The Commission makes recommendations to the Selectmen and to the NH Department of Resources and Economic Development for the better utilization of the Town’s resources.
- The Commission may accept gifts of money and/or property, subject to the Selectmen’s approval, that will be used to further the Commission’s mission.
- The Commission may also acquire property, water rights or development rights to further its mission.